My last post had the title – Didn’t Die, I’m Still Around - but unfortunately this site died for a couple of weeks without me knowing it. My credit card expired for the domain nam company and so when they went to renew the theabundantlife.net domain name it didn’t go through. They being the savvy business people that they are pulled the plug on my site and put their own content up. Well things are back to normal around here now. I have been saying that I am going to start writing here again but I don’t. That is a whole other post…
I have uploaded a new theme here at the Abundant Life. I had been having several different issues with the previous theme so this one not only looks better but it should funtion better as well.
Please let me know if you find and problems with it.
I have done a little maintenance around here so that things hopefully run a little better. I updated my email address so that I will actually get notifications when someone leaves a comment. I also added the feed from my blog network to the side panel. The final piece is that this blog is signed up at Text Link Ads so you can by an ad on this sit that will appear in the sidebar right below the search box.
Please let me know if you see anything funky.
My last post was almost a year ago to the day. The reason for lack of posting here is several different reasons. The biggest reason is that I have 15 different blogs that I write and I have scaled down my writing on all of them. Another reason is that I have not been "engaged" spiritually as much as I was before which prompted this blog. My family and I attend church pretty regularly but are not currently involved in any ministries but do go to a connect group. I guess the message here is that things have settled down here spiritually – thank God.
Personally I feel pretty comfortable with my relationship with God and do have daily contact with Him. Recently I started reading several times a week out of my Bible and have started to listen to messages from different churches via Podcasts while at work. I feel that I am where God wants me to be and the recent step up in reading and listening are just the next step in my journey with Him. Also I have setup a personal journal that only I have access to where I can express my feelings good or bad and allow me to have another avenue to interact with God.
All-in-all it has been a good year and I feel that I have grown in my relationship with God which where I think we all want to be.
I was just looking over the page rank of all on my sites and pulled this one up to check it also. I saw that the last post was about the Media Ministry which told me that I haven’t posted here in a while. In fact it has been about 7 months to be more exact.
Well here is a nice list of updates of what I have been doing the last 7 months:
- I quit the Media Ministry. I went to one training session and knew it was not time to get involved.
- I quit school. Was not the time either. I was not spending as much time with my family as I wanted. Also it was very expensive verses the return.
- Started making some good, steady, money from blogging which helped our cash flow.
- In addition to the blogging I got a steady side part-time job doing web design.
- In addition to that I have had more side web design projects then I have wanted (OK, I wanted them).
- Prayed for the last 5 months about buying a bigger house and finally put the deposit down this past weekend on it.
- Have been pretty steady in going to church during that time.
- Had a “Connection” with my pastor. No, I have not met him but he said a couple of things in a service that I felt spiritually connected me to him/the church.
- Joined a “Connection Group” from the church. Went to the first and only meeting so far. It was cool. Really nice people.
- Feel like I am closer to God then ever. I am led more by His peace then ever before in my life. I am comfortable with not moving (if at all) until He tells me it is time to move.
That’s it. 7 months wrapped up in a 10 point list.
The last 7 months have been good and I really feel that God has been working on my character during that time. The biggest area that He has been working on me has been managing my time between being a good Christian/husband/father/son/employee/business owner. It can be challenging, some days are better then others, but I am here and still kicking.
I am not making any promises on when the next post will be or frequency of posts. I am still alive though and throw something up here when the spirit moves me.
That is a really good question. As you can see I really have not blogged here recently. The main reason for that is that there have not been that many compelling "Christian" things going on lately. If Christian things have been going on I really have not felt like getting deep about them. Things are what they are.
What I think this blog needs is a little revival if not a little redirection. I think instead of me trying to be deep about stuff and give people Christian advise I should just say what I feel about things – from a Christian perspective. I think in that sense I will not feel so bound by a single subject and get things flowing here a bit.
So look for more posts on a semi-more regular basis.
I just wanted to post an apology to those that have left comments on a couple of my posts.
I did not see the comments until today because I had the wrong email address registered to send comment notifications to.
Sorry! Comments are approved and responses will come soon.
Now that things have settled down in my personal live I am going to actually begin to post to this blog now.
I have only had it for almost a year now and have had only one post on it.
Check back soon!